LG Dryer Error Codes D80, D90, D95wpengine
Due the danger and complexity of electronic equipment repair, the following technical tip is intended for professional reference only. Please refer to manufacturer’s recommendations as Encompass does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or safety of this information.
LG dryers are high-quality appliances with industry-leading safety features. The main safety feature they have is the ability to display specific error codes when something is wrong with the dryer or the ventilation system.
This article covers the three most common LG dryer error codes D80, D90 and D95 for the following models:
Error Codes D80, D90 and D95 Explained
If the control panel displays these error codes, the airflow through the ventilation system has been obstructed by a buildup of lint. The higher the number after the “D,” the greater the obstruction. For example, D90 means there is 90% ventilation blockage, indicating the air exhaust is not able to push enough air out from the dryer.
When these error codes appear, the dryer will turn off to avoid overheating. Dealing with these error codes properly is very important as one of the most common causes of house fires in the U.S. is overheating dryers.
How to Fix Ventilation Error Codes
- Thoroughly clean/remove all lint from filter.
- Disconnect exhaust hose at back of dryer and check to see if it is blocked. Remove any debris.
- Check wall duct for blockages and remove.
- Check outside vent for any blockages and remove.
- At this point, the error code should disappear. If need be, turn dryer off and on to remove error code.
Special thanks to Fred’s Appliance Academy for this helpful tip.